Saturday, November 12, 2011

More proof that the Parks Enforcement Patrol doesn't give summonses to dog owners:

I was walking past the Peninsula Meadow on Friday at about 1:30pm. These folks were running their dog off the leash when a patrol car drove across the grass towards them. I assumed that the two officers would issue a ticket. Instead, they gave the woman a pamphlet with the offleash rules. The entire encounter took less 30 seconds. I guess they didn't want to cut into their lunch or coffee break by doing some work. I continued walking up Wellhouse Drive where I observed another dog owner with his offleash pitbull in front of the Maryland Monument. This area is only about 50 yards from the Peninsula Meadow.

The patrol car was number 315 and their license plate was M-22365.

No comments: