Sunny and about 20 degrees, with no wind. I observed the following between roughly 7:50 A.M. and 8:10 A.M. in Prospect Park.
1. A large loose black dog on the lower lookout path headed towards Maryland Monument.
2. A loose dog heading up the path from the Nethermead to Wellhouse Dr. (and in the underbrush besides).
3. A dog that was leashed on Wellhouse Dr. but let loose to run along that same path (in the other direction).
4. A fourth loose dog tearing around the slope below the Maryland Monument.
5. Someone, probably a professional dog walker, brought 4 dogs to the edge of the peninsula meadow (there were two dogs there already) and let them loose. They scuffled a bit on the sidewalk outside the peninsula before heading onto the grass. The off-leash rules say that a dog must be under the owner's "control" at all times. In what sense are four loose dogs under the owner's control?