Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Prospect Park Wrapup

Today: around 10:00 A.M., Marcia with her two unleashed rat terriers at East Wood arch path.

Sunday: 3:30-4, 4 unleashed dogs on the Nethermead.

Saturday:

This woman not only felt it unnecessary to unleash her dog on the Long Meadow nearly 4 hours past the offleash hours, but also neglected to have her pet fitted with a collar and tags. The dog probably weighed more than I do and I shudder to think what it could do to a child. Less than 5 minutes after I saw this unleashed dog, I passed an unleashed pit bull on the Long Meadow. I find it difficult to comprehend that the Park Enforcement Patrols aren't giving out hundreds of summonses because, no matter what time of day or day of the week that I'm in Prospect Park, I encounter anywhere from a few to a few dozen unleashed dogs. I guess it would start with their actually patrolling the parks and making an effort to enforce the rules.

Friday, October 9:

Around 9:20, boxer running through Sullivan Hill woods. White female blond throwing a ball from the steps to the dog Also, about 9 still unleashed on the Long Meadow.

No comments: